What You’ll Need
- 16 ounce package fresh strawberries, washed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature*
- 4 tablespoons honey, or 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips, to decorate
- On a cutting board, slice the stem off the strawberry (try to cut it as “flat” as possible since the Santa-berries will use that as a base).
- Cut the top third of the strawberry, this will be used as the “hat”.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, honey or powdered sugar, and vanilla. Mixture will be thick so it’s best that the cream cheese really is at room temperature.
- Place creamed mixture inside a zip bag (or a piping bag) and snip one corner off. Make this first cut a bit larger since you are filling the “faces” first.
- Top strawberry base with cream mixture, top with the strawberry hats, and squeeze additional mixture on top of the hat.
- Next, snip the opposite corner or the bag (or change your piping tip) and make a smaller opening. Use this end to decorate “Santa’s” jacket buttons.
- Use mini chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles to decorate Santa’s eyes. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
What can we help you find?